Everything you ever wanted to know about how to use CollectionBuilder-GH, CollectionBuilder-CONTENTdm, and CollectionBuilder-SA!
CollectionBuilder was designed with learning in mind. The project’s workflow is scaffolded in order to help users build web and data literacy skills as they progress towards building and deploying new digital exhibits. To that end, we’ve worked hard to make this documentation comprehensible for the novice user moving through the sections step-by step and useful for more advanced users searching for specific content.
This Documentation applies to all the current “Types” of the CollectionBuilder tool. For the majority of the tool’s features and setups, the documentation is the same. There are steps where the documentation does vary between types, however, so be on the lookout for bolded font and colored alerts that indicate when the documentation diverges.
The types are currently:
- GH - for CollectionBuilder-GH, a lightweight learning-focused template designed for free hosting on GitHub Pages.
- CDM - for CollectionBuilder-CONTENTdm, a template for generating a “skin” over an existing CONTENTdm repository.
- SA - for CollectionBuilder-StandAlone, a robust, stand-alone template for developing exhibits on your local computer (and serving them from anywhere!).
- CollectionBuilder Discussion Forum (informal space to ask questions, provide feedback, debug, share and connect!)
- Contributing (tips and conventions)
- Project Code of Conduct