This section of “_config.yml” provides additional configuration options and technical details.
The following settings in “_config.yml” are optional. Your site will work successfully without changing the variables below.
These options can add pre-configured Google services if desired.
google-analytics-id(by removing the hash
#in front), and add your Google Analytics ID if you would like to add a pre-configured tracking code snippet.
- The template uses “gtag” implementation, with “anonymize_ip” set to true for privacy.
- example –>
- Note: Any analytics service can be added to your site by pasting the tracking snippet they provide into “_includes/head/analytics.html”. Analytics will only be added during final production build.
google-cse-id(by removing the hash
#in front), and add your Google Custom Search Engine ID to add a embedded Google search page.
- See “docs/google.md” in your CollectionBuilder repository for details of implementing the CSE.
Robots exclude standards can tell indexers such as Google you do NOT want your site crawled and added to their search index. In other words … If you uncomment
noindex: true, the site won’t show up in Google. This can be useful when developing prototype sites that you don’t want to be found, especially if you will deploy them in a different location when finalized.
noindex: true(by removing the hash
#in front) if you do NOT want Google to index your site.
This section contains advanced Jekyll settings. You should probably just leave these settings as they are.
- Tells Jekyll which files to ignore.
- Controls how the CSS is built when the site is being rendered.