Ruby on Windows
Use RubyInstaller for Windows.
- First, download the suggested stable version “WITH DEVKIT” (as of this writing, Ruby+Devkit 3.1.X (x64))
- Double click the installer package you downloaded to start the install wizard.
- Use the install defaults, but make sure “Add Ruby executables to your PATH” is checked. On the final step, ensure the box to start the MSYS2 DevKit is checked.
- Second, the installer will automatically open a terminal window with options to install MSYS2 DevKit components.
- Choose option 3, “MSYS2 and MINGW development toolchain”, or simply press
Enter to install all the necessary dependencies.
- The installer will proceed through a bunch of steps outputting a bunch of text in the terminal window. Eventually, this will conclude and you should see a message with the word
success in it.
- If the window doesn’t close, press
Enter again or manually close it.
- Note: The installer can be restarted if necessary by typing
ridk install into a command prompt.